Ghostly Dress Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• 2½ yds of 36″ wide gauze or
• Aleene’s® Stiffen Quik™ spray
• 16 oz Stiffy® fabric stiffener
• Child- or teen-size mannequinor
• Hot glue gun & glue sticks
• Sewing pins
1. Place ½ yd of gauze or gauze-like fabric on mannequin. Pin
and shape to mannequin. Draw design on gauze fabric and cut
2. Apply Stiffy® fabric stiffener to gauze bodice, smoothing out all
over fabric surface. Let dry.
3. Measure 36″x30″ for front of dress. Gather at waist, pin. Use
Stiffy® fabric stiffener on dress front, smooth out so it is fully
covered in stiffener.
4. Do the same for the back section of dress but measure an extra
8″ near center back to create a train. Apply Stiffy® fabric stiffener.
5. After gauze fabric pieces are dry, remove from mannequin and
glue all the pieces together. Use a hot glue gun to attach side
seams together and dress to bodice. Overlap the seams by ¼”
and hot glue.
6. After glue is dry, spray with Aleene’s® Stiffen Quik™ to give extra
stiffness to dress.
SKILL LEVEL 2: Some experience
Directions and Photo courtesy of: Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
This entry was posted byin