Hanging Grapevine Basket
Supplies & Tools:
• Two 12″ Grapevine wreaths
• 1 pkg brown cloth-covered stem wire, 22-gauge
• 1 roll natural jute
• 3-5 mini deco battery lights
• Hot glue gun & glue sticks
• Christmas ornaments of choice
Refer to photo often for placement of items.
1. Take apart one of the grapevine wreaths by removing the spiral that holds the wreath together;
reserve it for later.
2. Pull grapevine apart and reshape wreath, twisting it into a basket shape. Secure shape with wire.
Curl long wires around a pencil to form tendrils.
3. Lay the other wreath on top to cap off basket. Wire together. If basket droops, use additional
4. Trim nine 1-yd pieces of jute. Feed 3 pieces through top of grapevine and braid. Secure tips.
Repeat for a total of 3 braids.
5. Use reserved piece of vine from step #1 and wire around bottom so contents do not fall out.
6. Drop battery pack down center. Wrap lights and secure with wire.
7. Fill basket as desired with ornaments, hiding battery pack inside.
Skill Level 2: Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 1-2 hours
Directions and Photo courtesy of: Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
This entry was posted byin