Chalkboard Paint Wine Glasses
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• Wine glasses
• Black chalkboard paint
• Soft medium flat paintbrush
• Small detail brush
• Sharpie® black marker
1. Using flat paintbrush, apply a thin layer of chalkboard paint to the
base of wine glasses. Let dry. Apply additional coats as necessary.
To dry, rest glasses upside down so the bases do not stick to
2. Using a Sharpie® black marker, draw an ornate label shape on
the front of each wine glass. Refer to photo for design ideas
3. Fill in the designs with chalkboard paint and a detail brush. Let
dry. Apply additional coats as necessary. Let dry completely
before proceeding to next step.
4. Using chalk, personalize each glass as desired. Label glasses with
names, types of wine or fun decorations.
NOTE: Hand wash glasses after use; do not place in dishwasher.
Do not apply chalkboard paint to rim or other areas of
glass where mouth-to-glass contact will occur.
SKILL LEVEL 2: Some experience necessary
APPROXIMATE CRAFTING TIME:
1½ hours plus drying time per glass
Directions and Photo courtesy of: Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
This entry was posted byin