Taco Beef Nuggets with Tejano Dipping Sauce
Recipe: Taco Beef Nuggets with Tejano Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chilies, drained
- 16 cubes co-Jack cheese (1/2-inch)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups crushed nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- For the sauce:
- 6 tablespoons prepared thick taco sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, taco seasoning and green chilies in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide beef mixture into 16 portions; shape each portion around a cheese cube, completely covering cheese.
- Beat egg white with water in shallow dish until blended. Place chips in second shallow dish. Dip each meatball into egg white mixture, then into chips to coat completely. Press each meatball with palm into a flattened nugget shape, generously coating both sides of nugget with chips.
- Spray large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place nuggets in baking pan; spray tops of nuggets generously with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 15 to 20 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink and juices show no pink color.
- Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Serve nuggets with sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
For more recipe ideas visit Beef Its Whats for Dinner
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of National Cattlemen’s Beef Association