Banana Split Surprise Cake
Recipe: Banana Split Surprise Cake
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) hot fudge sauce
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 box (10 ounces) Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
- Fresh strawberries, halved Star Pics
- Preheat oven 350°F. Spray Fancy Fill pans from set with vegetable cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and mashed banana; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Divide fudge sauce and spread evenly into cavities of cake; freeze 10 minutes. At same time, remove strawberry ice cream to soften. Fill cake cavities with ice cream. Assemble cake by inverting top layer onto bottom layer.
- Prepare icing mix according to package directions. Ice top and sides of cake; freeze at least 2 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish with strawberries and star pics.