Korean-Style Spicy Chicken Wings
Recipe: Korean-Style Spicy Chicken Wings
- 5 lbs Chicken wings, separated into wings and drummettes, tips discarded
- Marinade Ingredients
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sauce Ingredients
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Korean red pepper paste (Gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons roasted sesame seed
- For Garnish
- Chopped scallions
- In a small bowl, mix together marinade ingredients, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and black pepper.
- Wash chicken wings and pat dry. Rub marinade all over chicken massaging them well. Set aside and allow chicken wings to rest with marinade at least 30 minutes, or overnight. (If you’re going to allow them to sit in the marinade over night, then cover and refrigerate. If you’re going to cook in 30 minutes, leave wings at room temperature.)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line roasting pan with tin foil. Roast chicken wings for 40 to 50 minutes.
- While wings are baking, in a small bowl, make the sauce, mixing together honey, soy sauce, red pepper paste, sake, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and sesame seed. Remove wings from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 500. Brush sauce onto each wing, coating fully. Return wings to the oven, cooking for an additional 2 minutes, until sauce begins to caramelize. Remove wings from heat, and spread one more layer of sauce. Return wings to the oven, and allow them to cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of weekofmenus / CC BY-NC-SA