Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
Recipe: Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup boiling water
- Mini peanut butter cups or Reese’s peanut butter cups for topping
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir sugar, egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl with a wooden spoon or in a standalone mixer with paddle attachment.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients little by little. Stir until well blended.
- Line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Add boiling water to batter and whisk well. It will be thin.
- Use a ladle to fill cupcake liners T full.
- Bake for 25 minutes, checking a little before with a toothpick (it will come out dry if done). Once toothpick comes out dry, remove from oven and let cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, add butter and peanut butter to a standalone mixer and beat with whisk attachment until creamed together very well.
- Add confectioners’ sugar a little at a time, alternating with the milk. If you need more than 4 tbsp of milk it is fine – keep checking the frosting during this process until you reach the desired texture and sweetness.
- Once cooled, frost cupcakes with a butterknife or pipe the frosting in a swirled motion over the cupcakes with a cake decorating bag.
- Top the frosted cupcakes with mini peanut butter cups or crushed Reese’s peanut butter cups.