Lewis and Clarks White Chicken Chili
Recipe: Lewis and Clarks White Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red (cayenne) pepper
- 2 (4-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 3 (15- to 16-ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- 4 cups chicken stock or canned broth
- 20 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Diced jalapeños, for garnish
- Place chicken in a large saucepan; add cold water to cover and bring to a simmer. Cook until no pink remains, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain; when cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large soup pot, sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, cloves, cumin, cayenne and green chiles. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add chicken, beans and their liquid and chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Add 12 ounces (about 3 cups) of the cheese and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls topped with remaining cheese; pass sour cream and jalapeños on the side.
Recipe from Lewis and Clark’s Restaurant in Old Saint Charles
Photo Courtesy of Ace Recipes