BBQ Marmalade Ribs
Recipe: BBQ Marmalade Ribs
Summary: The star of the show were definitely the Marmalade Ribs
- 4 lbs Pork Ribs
- Rib Rub:
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 T garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- BBQ Marmalade Sauce:
- 3 C your favorite BBQ sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray)
- 2 T honey
- ¼ C. orange marmalade
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
- To prepare Ribs in either an oven or smoker:
- Conventional Oven: Preheat to 300 degrees F. Coat ribs with rub mixture. Wrap ribs in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 2 ½ hours. Remove from oven, coat ribs generously with BBQ Marmalade. At this point, I like to put the ribs in the fridge (can make ahead up to 24 hours) then when it’s Tailgate time, put them on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes each side to heat them up and sear the sauce.
- Smoker: If you have a smoker, here’s our favorite way to cook these ribs. Set smoker to 225 F.
- Coat ribs with rub mixture, place in smoker for 3 hours. Remove ribs, coat with a thin coating of BBQ Marmalade and wrap in aluminum foil. Continue smoking for 2 hours. Remove ribs, coat generously with sauce and smoke for 1 additional hour.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12