Recipe: Caprese Chicken
Summary: The marinade I used for this chicken is my standard grilled chicken marinade. I use it A LOT in the summer. It’s amazing what a difference a little marinade makes.
- Chicken Marinade
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard (I used regular mustard)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- Caprese Chicken
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of mozerella, diced
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Chicken Marinade: In a medium bowl, mix together oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir in mustard powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Use to marinate chicken before cooking as desired. The longer you marinate, the more flavor it will have.
- Caprese Chicken: Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste and combine. Don’t be shy on the salt, it really brings out the flavor of the tomatoes!
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar to taste and mix together. I probably used about 1/4 cup of each.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo: Sugar Cooking