Recipe: Sesame Noodles
Summary: This easy sesame noodles recipe can be made in just 15 minutes, and can be served either warm or cold. It’s also great with some extra veggies or proteins mixed in!
- 1 pound (16 oz.) linguine or spaghetti (I use whole-wheat)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or hot chili oil
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- optional garnishes: extra thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, coarsely-ground black pepper
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions in a large pot of generously salted water.
- Meanwhile, in a separate mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha (or hot chili oil). Whisk until combined.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it. Then immediately toss with the dressing and 1/2 cup green onions until the pasta is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately, topped with extra garnishes if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4-6