Low-and-Slow Smoked Beef Brisket
Recipe: Low-and-Slow Smoked Beef Brisket
Summary: Rather than chicken or burgers, try this slow smoked brisket on the grill this weekend. Relax and enjoy your guests while this brisket slowly deepens with a smokey mustard flavor.
- Brisket Ingredients
- 1 Brisket, 12-16 lbs
- 1 cup bold brisket rub
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- Bold Brisket Rub
- 4 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp. course ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- Blend all ingredients of the brisket rub in a medium bowl and set it aside.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking (or smoker if available), approximately 250 degrees.
- Trim brisket of all hard fat and trim remaining fat to approximately ¼-inch.
- Rub both sides with a thin coat of yellow mustard.
- Coat entire brisket liberally with bold brisket dry rub seasoning.
- Place on grill (or smoker) away from the heat source. Cover and allow the brisket to cook until it reaches 190 degrees internal temperature (approximately 8-10 hours).
- Remove, rest for 15 minutes and slice against the grain.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 9 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo: F ox News