Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Recipe: Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Summary: This pairing of maple syrup and bacon just scream indulgence and will have your dad reaching for more!
- For the Cupcakes
- 4 1/2 Tablespoon room temperature butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon bacon drippings (left in the refrigerator to solidify)
- 1 egg
- 5 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/4 Cup self-rising flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- For the Frosting
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Cup powdered sugar turbinado sugar (optional but recommended)
- coarse grain sea salt (optional but recommended)
- Cream butter and solidified bacon drippings together. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat again until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and then add some of the flour to the wet mixture. Stir the flour in and then add a little of the milk and stir it in.
- Keep alternating stirring in flour and then milk, ending with flour. Mix just until combined and then fold half of the bacon pieces.
- Spoon the batter into baking cups.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees and bake for 16-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Recipe will make about 12 cupcakes.
- For the Frosting: Mix your maple frosting ingredients together and then frost your cooled cupcakes. Add the remaining bacon pieces on top.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 18 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo: Fox News