Chocolate Coconut and Almond Bars
Recipe: Coconut Chocolate and Almond Bar
Summary: You are really going to want to some of this. Think of it as granola bar meets rice krispie squares, but instead of the cereal it’s granola. The binder is still marshmallow and then along with those two things are a few extras like chocolate chips and coconut—I know, die.
- 1 10 ounce package large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups crispy flake and crunchy oat cluster cereal with honey and almonds
- 1 1/3 cups honey-flavor sliced almonds
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Line a 9x9x2-inch pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set pan aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl microwave marshmallows and 3 tablespoons butter on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in coconut flavoring. Stir in coconut, cereal, and almonds. Cool slightly. Gently fold in chocolate pieces.
- Press mixture lightly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Let stand about 1 hour or until set. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
- Makes: 32 servings
- Yields: 32 bars
- Prep: 20 mins
- Stand: 1 hr
Recipe and Photo: Bakers Royale