Mexican Hot Chocolate Cobbler
Recipe: Mexican Hot Chocolate Cobbler
Summary: All of that warm, melting chocolate, rich chocolate cake, creamy whipped cream and spicy cinnamon are as close as your microwave. We are talking like 10 minutes. Yes seriously. This amazing, awe-inspiring dessert is so easy that an eight year old can make it. It is a last minute, throw together dessert but no one will ever know unless you tell them – I certainly won’t.
- Fudge Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups very hot dark coffee (or water)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon powdered ancho pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Cake Batter
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Imperial Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- Mix sugar, cocoa, spices, and coffee in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add the butter, and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until it is bubbling.
- Whisk to blend.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a two quart casserole dish.
- Add the milk and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the casserole dish.
- Pour the boiling hot sauce over the batter but do not stir it!
- Microwave for 8-10 minutes. The sauce will be on the bottom but the cake will be on the top. If you like it very creamy microwave it for less time.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6 – 8
This entry was posted by Uncategorizedin