Avocado Chicken Parmigiana
Recipe: Avocado Chicken Parmigiana
Summary: This healthier version is oven-baked and uses only a little spray of olive oil to help the chicken crisp up and brown, making this a much lower fat dish. The breaded cutlets are then topped with tomato sauce, cheese and sliced avocado.
- 1/2 pound (220 grams) Chicken breast fillet, halved lengthways
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) All-purpose flour
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cup (100 grams) Dried breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Tomato pasta sauce
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C fan-forced. Place chicken between 2 sheets plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thick with a rolling pin.
- Coat the chicken first in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in the beaten egg and finally coat well with breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture and breadcrumbs.
- Spray chicken with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each with two tablespoon pasta sauce. Arrange avocado over sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and chicken is cooked through.
If you are using a conventional oven bake until internal temp reaches 165 degrees 20-25
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s) or 20-25 (depending on what oven your using)
Number of servings (yield): 2