Rosies Layered Lemon Dessert
Recipe: Rosies Layered Lemon Dessert
Summary: It has a buttery shortbread crust, a light cheesecake-y middle, and a lemony topping. It’s so pretty and delicious, you wouldn’t know that it’s easy to make and uses whipped topping and packaged pudding mix.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar (if you like a sweeter crust, you can use as much as 1/4 cup)
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8-ounce container whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package lemon pie filling, prepared as directed (NOT Jello instant lemon pudding)
- Combine flour, butter and sugar. Pat into a 13 by 9-inch pan. Bake 18 minutes at 350. Let cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping and vanilla. Spread on top of cooled crust.
- Prepare the lemon pie filling as directed. Spread on top of the cream cheese mixture. Chill before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 18 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12 – 15