Peanut Butter-Stuffed French Toast
Summary: I’ve made this twice in less than two weeks. My husband is a little hooked, I think.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk (I used 1%)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 slices bakery-style thick white bread
- 3-4 tablespoons creamy or crunchy peanut butter (I used a combination of both)
- Canola oil, for cooking
- Powdered sugar, for dusting French toast
- Crack the eggs into a shallow rimmed plate. Lightly beat the eggs with a fork and then gently beat in the milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Take two pieces of bread and spread 1-2 tablespoons (or desired amount) of peanut butter over each. Top each with another slice to make a sandwich.
- Heat a couple of teaspoons of canola oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-heat. Dip the sandwich into the custard, turning it and making sure it’s fully coated throughout. Gently place it into the hot skillet and cook, about 2 minutes on each side, until French toast is golden brown. Repeat with the other sandwich.
- Slice French toast and dust lightly with powdered sugar before serving.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2