Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
Recipe: Root Beer Pulled Pork
Summary: I was blown away by the smell that wafted from my slow cooker and gently beckoned me awake in the morning. The flavor was equally amazing. In fact, I liked it so much that I’ve been eating it without any BBQ sauce at all. It’s subtle, complex, and slightly sweet. Perfect.
- 5 lbs. bone-in pork roast
- 2½ cups root beer
- 28 oz. BBQ sauce (divided)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Place the pork roast in the slow cooker. Stir together ½ cup of BBQ sauce and 2.5 cups of root beer. Pour the root beer mix over the pork roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the garlic powder and smoked paprika over top.
- Secure the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for eight hours.
- After eight hours, use tongs and a slotted spoon to remove the meat and bone from the liquid in the slow cooker (the bones can be discarded). The meat will be extremely tender and should easily separate from the bone.
- Shred the meat using a fork and either serve as is or mix in the remaining BBQ sauce.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 10