Doughnut Strawberry Shortcakes
Recipe: Doughnut Strawberry Shortcakes
Summary: Say hello to your new favorite dessert. Doughnut Strawberry Shortcakes take five minutes to whip up and can be made with any kind of doughnut. Personally, I like classic glazed but chocolate or sprinkles would work as well.
- 2 donuts, cut in half
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold in vanilla extract.
- Spoon a dollop of whipped cream onto each doughnut bottom. Top with strawberries and place doughnut on top.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2