Poached Egg With Spinach and Tomato
Summary: This makes a great breakfast or brunch dish. You can add some smoked salmon to give it an Eggs Benedict feel and even switch up the whole grain toast for your choice of bread. A dollop of Dijon mustard also goes great with the poached egg.
- 2 high-omega three eggs (Egglands Best)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced finely
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves, chopped roughly
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced finely into rounds
- Take a wide skillet and fill it with enough water so the eggs can be submerged. Bring it up to a steady boil and then drop the temperature so it’s at a steady simmer. Add the vinegar.
- Break one egg into a bowl and slowly pour into the boiling water. Do the same with the second egg. Let it cook until the white is cooked around the yolk, about two to three minutes.
- In the meanwhile, heat another wide frying pan and add some olive oil. Add the garlic and chilli and sauté for about a minute until fragrant. Add the spinach, mix gently and cover. Cook for a minute and shut off the heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Separate amidst the two slices of toast and add some slices of tomato.
- Top each bed of vegetables with a poached egg. Season with some salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2